Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"learn from EHEC crisis"
Germany wants emergency crisis planThe EHEC crisis of 2011 has made clear that a coordinated collaboration between all parties involved, in the provinces as well as locally, is urgently needed to contain threats to the health of the population quickly. Communication also plays a vital role in this. Not just to protect the people, but also to prevent economic damage due to false accusations.
The 'Task Force' created during the EHEC crisis, consisting of experts from the provinces and experts from the European instance for food safety, could bring up results quickly, but before the export group started work, the EHEC crisis was already in full swing. This is why the German Federal Government is planning the creation of an emergency plan, which has strict guidelines from calling together a 'Task Force food safety' in case of a similar crisis. The emergency plan should also state which people will supply the country and provinces of information, and when.
Publication date: 4/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: