Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Waitrose preparing for South Korean exportsWaitrose is preparing to sell its Oriental ready meals to shoppers in South Korea as part of an export deal.
The chain, which sells noodle based products in Hong Kong and rice based ones in Thailand, will have a range of more than 160 products in six Shinsegae department stores by July.
The tie-up will start with ambient products, but Waitrose said it is in discussions to introduce chilled produce such as ready meals later in the year.
Waitrose generates more than £20 million a year from overseas business and hopes Britain's increased profile through events such as the Olympics will further boost demand.
Waitrose director David Morton said: "Export has been one of the fastest growing areas of our business in recent years.
"But we're predicting this year will mark a real step-up in our export activity as the world watches Britain for some of our big national events."
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: