Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Waitrose preparing for South Korean exportsWaitrose is preparing to sell its Oriental ready meals to shoppers in South Korea as part of an export deal.
The chain, which sells noodle based products in Hong Kong and rice based ones in Thailand, will have a range of more than 160 products in six Shinsegae department stores by July.
The tie-up will start with ambient products, but Waitrose said it is in discussions to introduce chilled produce such as ready meals later in the year.
Waitrose generates more than £20 million a year from overseas business and hopes Britain's increased profile through events such as the Olympics will further boost demand.
Waitrose director David Morton said: "Export has been one of the fastest growing areas of our business in recent years.
"But we're predicting this year will mark a real step-up in our export activity as the world watches Britain for some of our big national events."
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: