Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Waitrose preparing for South Korean exportsWaitrose is preparing to sell its Oriental ready meals to shoppers in South Korea as part of an export deal.
The chain, which sells noodle based products in Hong Kong and rice based ones in Thailand, will have a range of more than 160 products in six Shinsegae department stores by July.
The tie-up will start with ambient products, but Waitrose said it is in discussions to introduce chilled produce such as ready meals later in the year.
Waitrose generates more than £20 million a year from overseas business and hopes Britain's increased profile through events such as the Olympics will further boost demand.
Waitrose director David Morton said: "Export has been one of the fastest growing areas of our business in recent years.
"But we're predicting this year will mark a real step-up in our export activity as the world watches Britain for some of our big national events."
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: