Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Waitrose preparing for South Korean exportsWaitrose is preparing to sell its Oriental ready meals to shoppers in South Korea as part of an export deal.
The chain, which sells noodle based products in Hong Kong and rice based ones in Thailand, will have a range of more than 160 products in six Shinsegae department stores by July.
The tie-up will start with ambient products, but Waitrose said it is in discussions to introduce chilled produce such as ready meals later in the year.
Waitrose generates more than £20 million a year from overseas business and hopes Britain's increased profile through events such as the Olympics will further boost demand.
Waitrose director David Morton said: "Export has been one of the fastest growing areas of our business in recent years.
"But we're predicting this year will mark a real step-up in our export activity as the world watches Britain for some of our big national events."
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: