Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Giumarra Reedley expands 2012 stone fruit volumesGiumarra Reedley has announced that its stone fruit volume will increase 32 percent for the 2012 season.
"We have added several new growers and will also have our own additional acreage in production. This will enhance the balance in our product line between white and yellow flesh peaches and nectarines, and supplement our plum, pluot, and apricot supply," says John Thiesen, division manager for Giumarra Reedley.
The division continues to employ the same heirloom growing techniques used when the LTD stone fruit label was established by Giumarra in the early 1960’s in Reedley.
"Our long-standing position on growing for flavor paid off last year. We believe our flavor in 2011 was the best we have ever had and expect to exceed that this season," says Thiesen. "Our growing practices deliver the tree-ripened flavor the consumer is looking for."
Additionally, Glen Tomkiewicz will join the Reedley sales team for the California stone fruit season. Mr. Tomkiewicz has worked for Giumarra for 35 years, most recently in the Southern Hemisphere division. He previously assisted with apricot and nectarine sales for the Reedley division during 1983-95. "Glen is a natural fit with his experience and knowledge," says Jeannine Martin, director of sales for Giumarra Reedley.
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
Tel: +1 213.627.2900
Publication date: 4/10/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: