Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US(TX): USD3.7 million cannabis found in cucumbers, nopalesMore than $3.7 million dollars worth of marijuana is off the streets after customs found it hidden in shipments of cucumbers and nopales.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers said that the seizures took place on Monday and Tuesday.
The first seizure happened at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge where authorities found 3,046 packages of marijuana hidden in a shipment of cucumbers.
Investigators said the packages totalled about 2,804 pounds of marijuana.
On Tuesday, customs officers at the same bridge seized 292 packages of marijuana hidden inside a shipment of nopales, or prickly pear cactus pads.
The packages in that seizure totalled 1,913 pounds of marijuana.
No arrests were reported but both seizures remain under investigation.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: