Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US(TX): USD3.7 million cannabis found in cucumbers, nopalesMore than $3.7 million dollars worth of marijuana is off the streets after customs found it hidden in shipments of cucumbers and nopales.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers said that the seizures took place on Monday and Tuesday.
The first seizure happened at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge where authorities found 3,046 packages of marijuana hidden in a shipment of cucumbers.
Investigators said the packages totalled about 2,804 pounds of marijuana.
On Tuesday, customs officers at the same bridge seized 292 packages of marijuana hidden inside a shipment of nopales, or prickly pear cactus pads.
The packages in that seizure totalled 1,913 pounds of marijuana.
No arrests were reported but both seizures remain under investigation.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: