Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
US(TX): USD3.7 million cannabis found in cucumbers, nopalesMore than $3.7 million dollars worth of marijuana is off the streets after customs found it hidden in shipments of cucumbers and nopales.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers said that the seizures took place on Monday and Tuesday.
The first seizure happened at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge where authorities found 3,046 packages of marijuana hidden in a shipment of cucumbers.
Investigators said the packages totalled about 2,804 pounds of marijuana.
On Tuesday, customs officers at the same bridge seized 292 packages of marijuana hidden inside a shipment of nopales, or prickly pear cactus pads.
The packages in that seizure totalled 1,913 pounds of marijuana.
No arrests were reported but both seizures remain under investigation.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: