Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: McCain plan $10m facility changesMcCain Foods Canada are planning some changes to the Portage la Prairie French fry plant for this Summer.
"We are doing major upgrades to our potato receiving area," said spokeswoman Calla Farn. "We are also doing some upgrades in other parts as well, but the main part of it is to the potato receiving area."
The upgrades that are planned are valued at $10 million and will close the plant for six weeks from June 10th.
The plant processes locally grown and US imported potatoes and will be reopened in time for the local harvest in August.
Farn said the upgrades will provide a number of benefits to the production.
"It will increase our efficiency and enhance our effectiveness for sure," she said. "Any time you invest in a plant that is good news. It is unfortunate we have to shut down for six weeks, but that is the time that it takes."
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: