Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
High prices registered
Spain: Trops looks forward to profitable avocado seasonThe producers organization TROPS SAT – an exporter of tropical fruit to Europe - starts its avocado campaign in the areas of Guadalhorce Alto, Yunquera, Casarabonela and Alozaina.
According to Enrique Colilles, manager of the cooperative that includes more than 1,800 farmers in the province, "market prices for avocado are specially high this year, as Trops is paying average prices above 2 Euro per kilo, as there's not much supply in the international markets".
Trops production and commerce plant will open in a few weeks in the municipality of Vélez-Málaga - it has been going through a major development in the last years, allowing the widening of its business volume. Some weeks ago, Mariano Rajoy, Spanish prime-minister visited the new facilities, and during March, the company received the "Associación 5 al día" national award, that acknowledges its work in the promotion of sub-tropical fruit developed in Andalucía, which is getting results in the markets of high quality fruit and on the good prices being practised right now.
Publication date: 4/11/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: