Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
High prices registered
Spain: Trops looks forward to profitable avocado seasonThe producers organization TROPS SAT – an exporter of tropical fruit to Europe - starts its avocado campaign in the areas of Guadalhorce Alto, Yunquera, Casarabonela and Alozaina.
According to Enrique Colilles, manager of the cooperative that includes more than 1,800 farmers in the province, "market prices for avocado are specially high this year, as Trops is paying average prices above 2 Euro per kilo, as there's not much supply in the international markets".
Trops production and commerce plant will open in a few weeks in the municipality of Vélez-Málaga - it has been going through a major development in the last years, allowing the widening of its business volume. Some weeks ago, Mariano Rajoy, Spanish prime-minister visited the new facilities, and during March, the company received the "Associación 5 al día" national award, that acknowledges its work in the promotion of sub-tropical fruit developed in Andalucía, which is getting results in the markets of high quality fruit and on the good prices being practised right now.
Publication date: 4/11/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: