Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Turners & Growers to meet with ZespriRadio New Zealand has reported that Turners & Growers is calling a truce with Zespri after aggressively campaigning to break the kiwifruit exporter's stranglehold on the offshore market.
The change of direction comes as Turners & Growers appoints a new senior management team, following a majority share buy out by German company BayWa.
The new chief executive, Geoff Hipkins, only took office officially on Tuesday, but has already arranged a meeting with Zespri to discuss an end to the ongoing battle over export rights.
Zespri says it welcomes Turners and Growers' new approach, which appears to be much more reasonable and pragmatic.
Mr Hipkins says the two companies need to work together.
To hear the interview with Geoff Hipkins click here
Publication date: 4/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: