Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Nuts to become biggest exportThe tree nut industry is expecting to become the country's most important crop over the next few years.
Pistachios are grown around Swan Hill and walnuts at Kerang but almond plantings around Robinvale and in the Riverland are the country's dominant tree nut sector.
By 2015 34,000 ha of almonds are expected to be under cultivations - significant given that the figure represents over half of the national tree nut cultivation.
The Nut Industry Council says the value of tree nuts will reach $1 billion by 2020 and will become Australia's chief horticultural export.
The industry says it is trying to highlight its importance in the context of current free trade negotiations.
It wants the Federal Government to push for reduced trade barriers in key export markets to ensure the industry's continued success.
Publication date: 4/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: