Job offersmore »
- Horticulture Sales Scientist Horticulture Lighting -
- Technical Outside Sales Representative - Ontario, Canada / Northeast US
- Crop Production Manager / Agronomists / Operations Manager - Gambia
- Production Manager - Tasmania
- Dispatch Team Leader - Australia
- Market Development Manager - Russia
- Commercial Manager (Spanish speaking) - UK
- Operations Manager - United States
- Export produce trader – French market - Spain
- International Marketer - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sustainability is one of the key issues to vegetable growers
- Russia's food ban blessing in disguise for some shipping companies
- Peru: Melon exports to U.S. and Europe still paralysed
- UPDATE: 125 million Euro compensation for growers. But what about exporters?
- EU countries’ attempt to import to Russia their fruit and vegetables via Belarus
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Russia bans fruit, veg imports from U.S., EU, Australia, Canada and Norway
- Russian ban: what is the effect per EU country?
- Another shipment of Egyptian potatoes blocked by Russia
- Maersk unveils low-sulphur surcharge, but customers of other carriers must wait
- Russia’s ban gives Latin America opportunities
Exchange ratesmore »
Ailimpo met on March the 30th with the Regional Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Water of the Generalitat Valencia, Maritina Hernandez Miñana, who informed them about the lemon and grapefruit situation in the sector, told of the critical state of this campaign, with loss of competitiveness and prices below production costs and marketing.
Among the issues discussed at the meeting: CAP Reform and the need to provide the inter-professionals with legal mechanisms for crisis management in the marketplace and the sectors self-regulation, clarification of the competition rules which apply to agriculture, the intense scrutiny of the productions imported from third countries, improvement of export phytosanitary protocols for the Spanish products in order to open new markets, promote the use of standard contracts for the sale of lemons and grapefruit.
This meeting is part of the actions undertaken by Ailimpo with various autonomous, national and community administrations, so as to make proposals for joint initiatives.
Source: Generalitat Valenciana / Ailimpo
Publication date: 4/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: