Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Demo greenhouse at Enza Zaden open to visitors againThe Enza Zaden demo greenhouse for tomatoes in De Lier, Holland is open to visitors once again as of Monday 2 April 2012.
The official opening will take place on Wednesday 25 April 2012, complete with drinks and nibbles. Although temperatures were often low during the past two months, the amount of sunlight in mid-March did the crop a world of good. Nico van der Wel, an employee at the Enza Zaden demonstration greenhouse and responsible for the variety trials, is satisfied with the first results seen in the greenhouse. Nico is currently occupied with pruning the eighth truss.
In early March, extra stems were maintained. This meant that almost all the trial plots were brought up to the maximum plant density. Only in the 'snack' tomato varieties will extra stems be maintained one more time in order to bring the number of stems to five per m2. That took place at the end of March. All the ins and outs of the varieties can be discussed with Enza Zaden advisers so that client wishes can be linked with Enza Zaden varieties. The Enza Zaden demo greenhouse is open to visitors by appointment from 2 April until the end of September 2012. Those interested in visiting should contact their representative or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Tel: +31 (0)6 29 06 64 54
Publication date: 4/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: