Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Extend shelf life with innovationFor several years, Janny MT has developed a commercial network in most of the European countries, around an innovation of preservation of fruits, vegetables, flowers and mushrooms. Today the French company is looking for a Dutch partner to develop the Netherlands market.
This equipment is composed of independent modules of controlled atmosphere: an industrial pallet-box in plastic closed by a patented lid. These units of flexible volume (300 kg of apples / 150 kg of cherries) are stored in an ordinary cold room. "This way, all types of producers can access controlled atmosphere, no matter their size, the cold room they use, the fruit or vegetable they produce or the volume they need to preserve", says Thibault Marconnet.
The patented process is based on the natural breathing of the product. "This breathing creates an exchange of gases (O2 and CO2). Thanks to this equipment, Janny MT can control these exchanges and consequently the internal levels of O2 and CO2 (between 1 and 5%) inside each module that composes the equipment. This process is 100% natural, no gases added or no machines used."
"This equipment can be used from 1 ton to 100 tons or more for some specific products. It offers a height flexibility in storage and sales management with an improved quality compared to ordinary cold conditions. You can store during production peaks and sell afterwards at a better price."
"This equipment offers the possibility to extend the life of products by several days, weeks or months (asparagus, cherries, blueberries, plums, apples, pears, kiwi fruits, leeks). The weight losses due to cold storage are drastically reduced (less than 1.5% on average after the preservation). One or several modules can be taken off or put inside the cold room without disturbing the preservation process for the remaining modules. The cold room can be opened at any time."
For more information:
Janny MT Company
71260 Péronne, France
Mob: +33 678 086 767
Publication date: 4/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: