Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Extend shelf life with innovationFor several years, Janny MT has developed a commercial network in most of the European countries, around an innovation of preservation of fruits, vegetables, flowers and mushrooms. Today the French company is looking for a Dutch partner to develop the Netherlands market.
This equipment is composed of independent modules of controlled atmosphere: an industrial pallet-box in plastic closed by a patented lid. These units of flexible volume (300 kg of apples / 150 kg of cherries) are stored in an ordinary cold room. "This way, all types of producers can access controlled atmosphere, no matter their size, the cold room they use, the fruit or vegetable they produce or the volume they need to preserve", says Thibault Marconnet.
The patented process is based on the natural breathing of the product. "This breathing creates an exchange of gases (O2 and CO2). Thanks to this equipment, Janny MT can control these exchanges and consequently the internal levels of O2 and CO2 (between 1 and 5%) inside each module that composes the equipment. This process is 100% natural, no gases added or no machines used."
"This equipment can be used from 1 ton to 100 tons or more for some specific products. It offers a height flexibility in storage and sales management with an improved quality compared to ordinary cold conditions. You can store during production peaks and sell afterwards at a better price."
"This equipment offers the possibility to extend the life of products by several days, weeks or months (asparagus, cherries, blueberries, plums, apples, pears, kiwi fruits, leeks). The weight losses due to cold storage are drastically reduced (less than 1.5% on average after the preservation). One or several modules can be taken off or put inside the cold room without disturbing the preservation process for the remaining modules. The cold room can be opened at any time."
For more information:
Janny MT Company
71260 Péronne, France
Mob: +33 678 086 767
Publication date: 4/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: