Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- Panama: The first industrial commercial nursery certified to produce and export seedlings
Exchange ratesmore »
Reduce carbon emissions
C.H. Robinson Europe supports Pan-European programmeC.H. Robinson, one of the largest third party logistics companies in the world, attended the Green Freight Europe Launch Event on the 27th of March in Brussels. As a steering member of this pan-European carbon-reducing programme, the company will actively contribute to its objective of making freight transport more sustainable.
C.H. Robinson Europe is a proud partner and sponsor of the Green Freight Europe initiative. Green Freight Europe strives to become the leading independent voluntary programme for improving the environmental performance of freight transport across Europe. To achieve this, it will provide:
- A central, independently-hosted database to calculate, validate and benchmark the environmental performance of transportation companies based on their actual data.
- A platform for shippers and carriers to collaborate and share best practices on eco-efficiency in transport.
- Carriers of all sizes access to resources that allow them to improve - ranging from financial to technological support.
A similar multi-industry voluntary programme for monitoring, reporting and reducing carbon emissions already exist in the US under the name EPA SmartWay Programme. C.H. Robinson is an active member of this program in North America and its European division is now a part of what has become the unique pan-European version of this programme. After a year of preparation and partner selection, the initiative now officially launched with its own European methodology on the 27th March at the Green Freight Europe Launch Event in Brussels.
For more information, please visit: www.chrobinson.com
Publication date: 4/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: