Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanimura & Antle announce summer sweepstakesFresh vegetable grower and marketer Tanimura & Antle announces a summertime consumer sweepstakes promotion starting May 1st and running through July 2012. Kicking off National Salad Month and continuing through peak salad season, this integrated program promotes 3 Tanimura & Antle Artisan products—Artisan, Romaine and Boston lettuces. The promotion includes seasonal packaging that will offer consumers a weekly sweepstakes of $1,000—for 13 weeks! The Summer Fun Sweepstakes label is available on retail packages in both the U.S. and Canada for the duration of the promotion.
According to Diana McClean, Director of Marketing, "Tanimura & Antle experienced tremendous success with our Artisan Lettuce line and seasonal packaging programs in 2011, effectively building distribution and consumer engagement in both the U.S. and Canada." She added, "In October 2011, when Artisan Boston was introduced, we revamped the labels to create a cohesive design for the Artisan family of products. Our new Summer Fun Sweepstakes packaging includes a seasonal graphic to the existing family labels—while keeping the overall visuals familiar and recognizable to the consumer."
Consumers can enter the Summer Fun Sweepstakes at artisanlettuce.com, a consumer website that provides product information, recipes and prep tips for the entire Artisan line of products. Weekly Sweepstakes winners will be announced on Tanimura & Antle’s Artisan Facebook Fan Page where fans—who include consumers and retail partners—are continually engaged with product information, harvest news and crop photos.
"The on-pack sweepstakes is an incredible incentive that has proven to engage consumers and support retail partner sales by offering both audiences an added value to the products," commented Mrs. McClean, continuing "so it’s a win/win for everyone."
The Tanimura & Antle Artisan Family of fresh produce includes select seed varieties that have been carefully chosen for premium flavor, quality and variety. All Artisan lettuces are field-packed for optimum freshness and packaged in specially designed clamshells to protect the leaves and keep the lettuce heads fresher longer. All Tanimura & Antle Artisan lettuces are fully mature and grown on USA family farms using sustainable growing practices.
Publication date: 4/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: