Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
EuroPatat Congress 2012
More guest speakers announcedEuropatat and the Dutch Potato Association (NAO) are pleased to announce that Guy Faulkner from World Potato Markets and Karlijn Offermans from advertising agency 2 Mèt will join the Europatat Congress as guest speakers during the Europatat Commission meetings on 24 May 2012, more guest speakers will be
announced soon. On the official congress website: www.europatatcongress.eu all information regarding the registration and programme can be found.
Being traditionally one of the countries in which potatoes play a prominent role, the congress in The Netherlands will focus under the slogan “The Potato is coming home” on international food trends and marketing opportunities during Friday’s plenary session with well-known experts Hans Steenbergen (Food Inspiration, Trendwatcher), Jan Willem Grievink (Director of the Food Service Institute Holland) and Anton Haverkort (Potato Researcher at Plant Research International).
On Thursday participants will have the chance to review the different activities of Europatat during 3 parallell meeting sessions of the various Europatat Commissions (seed potatoes, early potatoes, ware potatoes, packers, technical & regulatory issues and RUCIP). The agendas of the sessions will be announced in the coming days and will feature different guest speakers. Confirmed speakers include Guy Faulkner, chief editor of World Potato Markets which will present essential trends in world potato markets and Karlijn Offermans, external marketing specialist at advertising agency 2 Mèt which will talk on the industry’s communication actions undertaken in The Netherlands. Other guest speakers will be announced soon.
The congress will bring together the whole European potato sector, providing fresh ideas for the industry and a unique networking opportunity. Besides the professional part of the congress, there are also several social events organised to reinforce the networking and contact among the European potato community. The congress will take place in Kijkduin, which is The Hague’s 2nd seaside resort after Scheveningen.
Publication date: 4/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: