Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"We go the whole way with the lient"
Kolkman Verpakkingen address entire fruit and vegetable sectorKolkman Verpakkingen in Hedel is a real family company. In 2007 the three brothers Gert, Jan and Nico took over the company from their father and in 2010 they existed 25 years. "Since a long time we have been busy developing and marketing of light weight throw-away packings" Gert Kolkman tells. "In the first place we mainly addressed the mushroom sector, but now we look more and more at the entire fruit and vegetable sector and the meat market."
"We have chosen to be more active in different markets, because we could not remain dependent on the mushroom sector" Gert explains. "We grew in the mushroom market and the share of these clients is still the biggest, but in order to grow further we also look at other branches." The entrepreneur mentions that it is going well in the meat sector.
"In the fruit and vegetable sector we want to introduce our assortment further and we expect demand to increase. We are already now are working on the packing for the following fruit and vegetable products: tauge, tomatoes, avocado's and mangoes, but are busy to extend this."
"We are in a position to supply every customer with packings made to measure. For instance we do not stop after the development and the production of new packings. No, we go the whole way with the client. From the product to be packed to the entire automation involved. Only in this way we will have an optimum packing, light weight and therefore a less environmental burden. We find it important that we during the entire procedure build a relationship of confidence with our clients. In addition to delivering goods made to measure we are flexible and always available. Also we find it essential that the client has a solution to his packing quickly. Therefore we work with optimum speed an quality. Because of the concept of ourselves looking after the production machine construction we are in a position to reach unique heights in light weight packings."
Kolkman is positive about the new year. "We expect to introduce ourselves further in the fruit and vegetable branch and are continually busy with new developments. When companies are looking for specific packing solutions they are with us at the correct address."
For more information:
Kolkman Verpakkingen Hedel (KVH)
+31 (0) 73 5992255
+31 (0) 73 5991699
+31 (0) 73 5991699
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: