Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African grapefruit exporters not rushing things during peak season
- Row-straddling, weeding robot headed to international market
- Peru sells all of its watermelon exports to Ecuador and Chile
- New Jumbo shopping concept starts in Groningen
- "Seedless grape consumption will be crucial in Spain this year"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Rewe reports record sales figuresThe Rewe group has reported record sales figures for 2011, attributing the growth to investment in its store network and a focus on special offers.
At Rewe, revenues for 2011 grew by 3.5% to €50.3bn, with domestic sales rising by 3.1% to €27.5bn and international sales growing by 4.4% to €12.8bn. Rewe said it recorded a rise in market share in Germany, with sales of its full-service supermarkets easily outpacing the wider domestic food retail sector.
CEO Alain Caparros said he was pleased with the results, noting: "Even under challenging conditions, we continue to grow and profit. We rely on consistent customer focus, compelling products and services as well as the consolidation and modernisation of our distribution networks and targeted acquisitions." He also said retailers will have to focus on more than just low prices, and will have to improve the quality, freshness and shopping experience of their stores.
Publication date: 3/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: