Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Rewe reports record sales figuresThe Rewe group has reported record sales figures for 2011, attributing the growth to investment in its store network and a focus on special offers.
At Rewe, revenues for 2011 grew by 3.5% to €50.3bn, with domestic sales rising by 3.1% to €27.5bn and international sales growing by 4.4% to €12.8bn. Rewe said it recorded a rise in market share in Germany, with sales of its full-service supermarkets easily outpacing the wider domestic food retail sector.
CEO Alain Caparros said he was pleased with the results, noting: "Even under challenging conditions, we continue to grow and profit. We rely on consistent customer focus, compelling products and services as well as the consolidation and modernisation of our distribution networks and targeted acquisitions." He also said retailers will have to focus on more than just low prices, and will have to improve the quality, freshness and shopping experience of their stores.
Publication date: 3/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: