Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- Panama: The first industrial commercial nursery certified to produce and export seedlings
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Rewe reports record sales figuresThe Rewe group has reported record sales figures for 2011, attributing the growth to investment in its store network and a focus on special offers.
At Rewe, revenues for 2011 grew by 3.5% to €50.3bn, with domestic sales rising by 3.1% to €27.5bn and international sales growing by 4.4% to €12.8bn. Rewe said it recorded a rise in market share in Germany, with sales of its full-service supermarkets easily outpacing the wider domestic food retail sector.
CEO Alain Caparros said he was pleased with the results, noting: "Even under challenging conditions, we continue to grow and profit. We rely on consistent customer focus, compelling products and services as well as the consolidation and modernisation of our distribution networks and targeted acquisitions." He also said retailers will have to focus on more than just low prices, and will have to improve the quality, freshness and shopping experience of their stores.
Publication date: 3/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: