Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ireland: Teagasc application endorsedTeagasc's application to the Environmental Protection Agency to receive a licence for the cultivation of blight resistant potatoes has been endorsed by the Agriculture Science Association.
The association represents graduates in a range of subjects, such as agriculture, food, horticulture. The association has said that its decision to support Teagasc was unanimous. They say there is a need for what they call "impartial research on the impact of GM crops on the environment."
"This EU-funded study is not about testing the commercial viability of GM potatoes", according to the association’s president, Dr Karina Pierce.
"The establishment of this trial does not mean that GM potatoes should be introduced in Ireland. That is a separate issue."
Publication date: 3/29/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: