Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ireland: Teagasc application endorsedTeagasc's application to the Environmental Protection Agency to receive a licence for the cultivation of blight resistant potatoes has been endorsed by the Agriculture Science Association.
The association represents graduates in a range of subjects, such as agriculture, food, horticulture. The association has said that its decision to support Teagasc was unanimous. They say there is a need for what they call "impartial research on the impact of GM crops on the environment."
"This EU-funded study is not about testing the commercial viability of GM potatoes", according to the associationís president, Dr Karina Pierce.
"The establishment of this trial does not mean that GM potatoes should be introduced in Ireland. That is a separate issue."
Publication date: 3/29/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: