Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New dark garlic launched in SpainGranada company, Innofood by Neuron - in cooperation with Las Pedroñeras (Cuenca), a company dedicated to purple garlic, has developed, a process to transform that plant to dark garlic, with 100% Spanish products.
This vegetable, called "Black Allium", was possible thanks to a cooperation between the two companies and it will be presented in the Food Fair in Barcelona.
The new product is obtained after submitting the purple garlic from Las Pedroñeras, transformed by JR Suárez Monedero SL, to a series of industrial processes, made ready by "Innofood by Neuron" after a year of investigations.
According to information from this company, the result is a completely dark garlic, with some organoleptic (taste, texture, color and smell) and nutritional characteristics that are totally new and different if compared to a fresh garlic.
Starting from the purple garlic from Las Pedroñeras (PGI) the investigation was made on first quality raw material to obtain a dark garlic, predominant on colour and liquorish hints in the taste.
The product, originally from Asia, has not been produced until now in Spain, as the company explained, adding that thanks to its characteristics it has prestige in the kitchen as a seasoning, can be eaten raw like an aperitif or as a part to obtain new products.
Publication date: 3/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: