Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
US Potato Board sets sights on VietnamWith the majority of the population under the age of 25 years and a massively growing fast food industry, Vietnam is an ideal destination for American potato exports.
Last year the US Potato Board participated in a three day event - the Food and Hotel Vietnam trade show, attended by around 10,000 people. TK Kuwahara, International Marketing Manager for the United States Potato Board, said "Most of the trade that was attending the show are not familiar with U.S. potatoes and potato products. They were very surprised and excited to see all the different varieties of not only the fresh potatoes, but frozen potatoes and dehydrated. For example, they’ve never seen colored varieties of fresh potatoes before. In the frozen arena, they’ve never seen curly fries or the different cuts of frozen products.”
The board hopes to develop a stronger market presence in Vietnam in the near future.
Kuwahara said, "It is important for growers to remember that almost one in every five rows of potatoes grown in the United States are exported."
Publication date: 3/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: