Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
US Potato Board sets sights on VietnamWith the majority of the population under the age of 25 years and a massively growing fast food industry, Vietnam is an ideal destination for American potato exports.
Last year the US Potato Board participated in a three day event - the Food and Hotel Vietnam trade show, attended by around 10,000 people. TK Kuwahara, International Marketing Manager for the United States Potato Board, said "Most of the trade that was attending the show are not familiar with U.S. potatoes and potato products. They were very surprised and excited to see all the different varieties of not only the fresh potatoes, but frozen potatoes and dehydrated. For example, they’ve never seen colored varieties of fresh potatoes before. In the frozen arena, they’ve never seen curly fries or the different cuts of frozen products.”
The board hopes to develop a stronger market presence in Vietnam in the near future.
Kuwahara said, "It is important for growers to remember that almost one in every five rows of potatoes grown in the United States are exported."
Publication date: 3/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: