Job offersmore »
- Management Accountant - Portugal
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US Potato Board sets sights on VietnamWith the majority of the population under the age of 25 years and a massively growing fast food industry, Vietnam is an ideal destination for American potato exports.
Last year the US Potato Board participated in a three day event - the Food and Hotel Vietnam trade show, attended by around 10,000 people. TK Kuwahara, International Marketing Manager for the United States Potato Board, said "Most of the trade that was attending the show are not familiar with U.S. potatoes and potato products. They were very surprised and excited to see all the different varieties of not only the fresh potatoes, but frozen potatoes and dehydrated. For example, they’ve never seen colored varieties of fresh potatoes before. In the frozen arena, they’ve never seen curly fries or the different cuts of frozen products.”
The board hopes to develop a stronger market presence in Vietnam in the near future.
Kuwahara said, "It is important for growers to remember that almost one in every five rows of potatoes grown in the United States are exported."
Publication date: 3/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: