Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Namibia: New regional cold storage facilityThe Omusati region proudly boasts a new cold storage facility for the use of Olushandja Horticulture Producers' Association at the Epalela settlement.
The facility, called the Olushandja Horticulture Marketing Centre, was established through a partnership between the Namibian Government, the United Nations (UN) and members of the association at a cost of N$1.3 million ($171,000 US).
The centre will benefit 35 producers at the association. the association itself was established in 2006 and is engaged in the cultivation of tomatoes, cabbages, onions butternuts, carrots, green-peppers and sweet potatoes.
They produce about 20 tonnes of onions, 20 tonnes of cabbages, 30 tonnes of tomatoes, 20 tonnes of butternuts, 20 tonnes of sweet potatoes and five tonnes of carrots for local boarding schools per week.
The facility was officially launched by the Environment and Tourism Minister Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah, accompanied by Agriculture, Water and Forestry Minister John Mutorwa.
Publication date: 3/30/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: