Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: Above average sales of vegetable stocks
The vegetable stocks in Swiss storage decrease faster than average. The quantity of carrots in stock was, on 15 March still 17,746 tons as is apparent from the most recent figures of the Swiss Bureau for the vegetable cultivation (SZG). The stock decreased by more than the average within a month, namely by 9,236 tons. The present stock is below the average of the last three years.
There is still a lot of celeriac in store, namely 3,946 tons. This is clearly more than the average. But the decrease of the stocks of celeriac also went faster than normal. Storage premises still have over 1,395 tons of red cabbage and 2,208 tons of white cabbage. Especially the stocks of white cabbage decreased fast. The stored quantity of onions amounted to 10,137 tons on 15 March.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: