Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Texas peach harvest commencing MayTexas is getting ready to harvest its peaches early this year. After a good chill period the warm first months of 2012 has brought out the blossoms early.
"We are looking forward to the 2012 harvest season starting in mid-May," said Dianne Eckhardt, president of the Hill Country Fruit Council.
Gillespie is the largest peach-producing county in Texas, with more than 1,500 acres in commercial peach production. The typical peach tree can produce three to four 50-pound bushels of peaches in a year.
Ripening dates usually run from early-mid may for Springold and bicentennial varieties.
All will be well provided the trees can avoid a late frost.
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: