Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Texas peach harvest commencing MayTexas is getting ready to harvest its peaches early this year. After a good chill period the warm first months of 2012 has brought out the blossoms early.
"We are looking forward to the 2012 harvest season starting in mid-May," said Dianne Eckhardt, president of the Hill Country Fruit Council.
Gillespie is the largest peach-producing county in Texas, with more than 1,500 acres in commercial peach production. The typical peach tree can produce three to four 50-pound bushels of peaches in a year.
Ripening dates usually run from early-mid may for Springold and bicentennial varieties.
All will be well provided the trees can avoid a late frost.
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: