Job offersmore »
- Salesprofessionals – The Netherlands
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Texas peach harvest commencing MayTexas is getting ready to harvest its peaches early this year. After a good chill period the warm first months of 2012 has brought out the blossoms early.
"We are looking forward to the 2012 harvest season starting in mid-May," said Dianne Eckhardt, president of the Hill Country Fruit Council.
Gillespie is the largest peach-producing county in Texas, with more than 1,500 acres in commercial peach production. The typical peach tree can produce three to four 50-pound bushels of peaches in a year.
Ripening dates usually run from early-mid may for Springold and bicentennial varieties.
All will be well provided the trees can avoid a late frost.
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: