Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UNIVEG Katope UK first Fairtrade Indian grapesUNIVEG Katope UK is pleased to announce, the first ever commercial harvesting of Fairtrade Grape from India. The fruit is currently being shipped to the UK and is due to arrive mid April.
UNIVEG's Katope Fairtrade Technical Manager, David Maris said “We've been working towards this day for 5 years. It is one of the longest FT development projects we have undertaken”
In 2008 Harriet Lamb Executive Director of the Fairtrade Foundation visited the Maharastra region with UNIVEG Katope to help support the project. The delay in bringing the project forward has been primarily down to India's strict legal requirements. This time has been used to good effect as the growers have improved their grape production and gained Global Gap certification. The growers have been guided and supported throughout by Eurofruits who have partnered UNIVEG on this development.
This achievement gives UNIVEG the unique position of being able to offer a 10-month continuous supply of Fairtrade Seedless grape, comprising green, red and black seedless varieties. The aim is to offer 52-week full supply by 2013.
For more information:
Tel: +44 1775 716522
Mob: +44 787 9 298 298
Fax: +44 1775 711571
Publication date: 3/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: