Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Niger invests in fruit processingSusan A. Gana, state commissioner for agriculture has said that the government of Niger has distributed 100,00 seedlings of citrus and mango to growers as part of the Fruit Crop Out Growers Initiative Project.
The commissioner said the aim of the project was to establish 1 million fruit trees in the state to capitalise on the potential to product, notably for juice processing.
"the government has also spent N60 million ($122,000 US) on the procurement and distribution of assorted tree-crops seedlings to farmers in the state under the project. The securing of N1 billion from the Federal Government for small scale farmers is a clear testimony of a resolve to commercialize the sector", she said.
The chairman of Niger Resources Ltd, Mallam Ibrahim Aliyu said the government's plans to establish 14,000 ton concentrate plant would require 10,000ha of mango, orange and guava to be brought under cultivation.
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: