Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gerjo Scheringa new Managing Director at ZONThe Board of Commissioners at ZON Holdings has named Gerjo Scheringa as Managing Director, starting the 1st of June 2012. Gerjo Scheringa will form the two-headed statutory direction of ZON, together with Commercial Director Hans List. Scheringa (45) studied Business Economics in Groningen and has extensive experience in the food industry. He worked for FrieslandCampina for a large part of his career, where he gained experience as a commercial director abroad for a number of years, in Africa, South East Asia, and the Middle East. Scheringa has been working as Managing Director for TNO Triskelion since 2010.
"I like that at ZON a number of things that are important to me meet. It's not just the cooperative world that attracts me, I also have an affinity with the food and agriculture sector, from both my personal and business past."
"The fact that ZON has chosen a strategy in which there is strong commitment to the added value of its products in which marketing and innovation play an important role and also work on developing activities on foreign markets, is a sign to me that the company doesn't just have ambition, but also has a clear vision", according to Gerjo Scheringa.
The management and Board of Commissioners of ZON are delighted with the appointment of Gerjo Scheringa. Chairman Ton Reynders: "ZON has had a reasonably turbulent year and we as a sector are in a time in which, in coming years, there will be a lot of changes. We chose a strategy a few years ago, in which the importance of added value to the products of our growers as central and that strategy will continue in the same way in coming years. We think that the experience and background of Gerjo Scheringa fits in this perfectly. The management and Board of Commissioners wish him the best."
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: