Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jersey Potatoes delayed by frostJersey Royal potatoes are likely to be harvested between two and three weeks later than usual after a severe frost in February set back crops.
Trevor Le Maistre from the Jersey Royal Company said the dry weather could now affect its size so it would be another challenging year for potato growers.
Jersey Royal potato growers have had two bad harvests in a row with frosts and bad weather in 2010, compounded by last year's drought.
The first crop of 2012, grown in greenhouses, was harvested four weeks early because of a mild winter.
It was thought to be the earliest crop in the Jersey Royal's 130-year history.
Jersey exported about 30,000 tonnes of Jersey Royals worth more than £30m to the UK and further afield in 2011.
Publication date: 3/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: