Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Limoneira teams up with Associated Citrus PackersLimoneira Company, a leading agribusiness with prime agricultural land and operations, real estate and water rights in California announced an agreement with Associated Citrus Packers of Yuma, Arizona to pack and market lemons. Associated Citrus Packers has historically packed approximately 850,000 cartons of lemons grown on nearly 2,000 acres.
"This strategic alliance will greatly enhance product and service for all of our customers," says Alex Teague, Limoneira’s Chief Operating Officer. "Given our history and core competences in growing, packing and sales coupled with Associated’s history of the same, this is truly a one plus one equals three scenario. We believe that customers and growers alike will benefit from the efficiencies and services that our combined efforts will provide. Associated Citrus has been in the citrus business for four generations. Their dedication to quality aligns perfectly with our high standards."
"We are extremely pleased to become affiliated with Limoneira Company," commented Bill Spencer, President of Associated Citrus Packers. "Limoneira has developed a reputation in the marketplace for being focused on their customers. Their food safety programs and dedication to sustainability are what customers are looking for. They’ve been growing and packing for close to 120 years. This arrangement will greatly improve the marketing potential for all of our fruit."
Associated Citrus harvests and packs lemons, Rio Red grapefruit, Mineola tangelos, Navel oranges, Blood oranges and Valencia oranges. The commercial citrus harvesting and packing season in Southwestern Arizona typically begins in late August and is completed during the spring of the following year.
Publication date: 3/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: