Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Limoneira teams up with Associated Citrus PackersLimoneira Company, a leading agribusiness with prime agricultural land and operations, real estate and water rights in California announced an agreement with Associated Citrus Packers of Yuma, Arizona to pack and market lemons. Associated Citrus Packers has historically packed approximately 850,000 cartons of lemons grown on nearly 2,000 acres.
"This strategic alliance will greatly enhance product and service for all of our customers," says Alex Teague, Limoneira’s Chief Operating Officer. "Given our history and core competences in growing, packing and sales coupled with Associated’s history of the same, this is truly a one plus one equals three scenario. We believe that customers and growers alike will benefit from the efficiencies and services that our combined efforts will provide. Associated Citrus has been in the citrus business for four generations. Their dedication to quality aligns perfectly with our high standards."
"We are extremely pleased to become affiliated with Limoneira Company," commented Bill Spencer, President of Associated Citrus Packers. "Limoneira has developed a reputation in the marketplace for being focused on their customers. Their food safety programs and dedication to sustainability are what customers are looking for. They’ve been growing and packing for close to 120 years. This arrangement will greatly improve the marketing potential for all of our fruit."
Associated Citrus harvests and packs lemons, Rio Red grapefruit, Mineola tangelos, Navel oranges, Blood oranges and Valencia oranges. The commercial citrus harvesting and packing season in Southwestern Arizona typically begins in late August and is completed during the spring of the following year.
Publication date: 3/26/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: