Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk halts Europe-Asia bookingsMaersk has suspended bookings on North Europe-to-Asia routes as it struggles with a backlog of shipments that has left terminals close to full capacity.
It may be May before the backlog is cleared. It is the result of increased demand coupled with service cuts by other lines, the company has stated.
"Terminal density at some ports is nearing yard capacity," the shipping line has said. "If bookings are not halted, this could negatively impact productivity, further slow down carriers’ ability to clear the heavy backlog/overflow and impact other trades."
Other shipping lines have halted bookings on the route until May, Maersk said, citing customers, after operators pared capacity earlier in the year because of slower Asia-Europe demand and efforts to pare losses. Demand for Europe-Asia shipments has also withstood rate increases in February, March and one planned for April, Maersk said.
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: