Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Strawberry grower tastes sweet successUK based Vicarage Nurseries has scooped the national Soft Fruit Grower of the Year award.
The business in Weston Road grows mainly strawberries which it supplies to supermarket giant Asda via International Produce Limited.
To win, the grower had to demonstrate excellence in one or more areas including customer satisfaction, innovation, cost control, crop hygiene, product range, growth, use of technology/equipment, product quality, systems and staff motivation/retention.
The business was able to show it had grown dramatically over the past two years and now employs 13 full-time staff and a team of up to 400 pickers at peak season.
Bal Padda, son of owner Makhan Padda, said: “It’s great as there’s only two people growing soft fruit in this area. The award will really help promote the area.”
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: