Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Strawberry grower tastes sweet successUK based Vicarage Nurseries has scooped the national Soft Fruit Grower of the Year award.
The business in Weston Road grows mainly strawberries which it supplies to supermarket giant Asda via International Produce Limited.
To win, the grower had to demonstrate excellence in one or more areas including customer satisfaction, innovation, cost control, crop hygiene, product range, growth, use of technology/equipment, product quality, systems and staff motivation/retention.
The business was able to show it had grown dramatically over the past two years and now employs 13 full-time staff and a team of up to 400 pickers at peak season.
Bal Padda, son of owner Makhan Padda, said: “It’s great as there’s only two people growing soft fruit in this area. The award will really help promote the area.”
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: