Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Strawberry grower tastes sweet successUK based Vicarage Nurseries has scooped the national Soft Fruit Grower of the Year award.
The business in Weston Road grows mainly strawberries which it supplies to supermarket giant Asda via International Produce Limited.
To win, the grower had to demonstrate excellence in one or more areas including customer satisfaction, innovation, cost control, crop hygiene, product range, growth, use of technology/equipment, product quality, systems and staff motivation/retention.
The business was able to show it had grown dramatically over the past two years and now employs 13 full-time staff and a team of up to 400 pickers at peak season.
Bal Padda, son of owner Makhan Padda, said: “It’s great as there’s only two people growing soft fruit in this area. The award will really help promote the area.”
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: