Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: No confidence for CASI presidentMassimo Messina of D & D-Darzoves S.L. informs FreshPlaza that on Saturday 17th March, 2012, the CASI members meeting took place. CASI is the greatest European cooperative of tomatoes and it counts for price setting in Europe. During the meeting, the current president, Jose Maria Andujar Andujar, lost members' confidence and they have voted to deny him the remuneration for his work in the cooperative.
As Massimo explains: "The mistrust comes from dubious cooperative policy in relation with members and clients. With the same management, the cooperative may not exist; in the last years CASI saw a constant reduction in tomato harvested volume, -20% or 50 million kilos."
"Market players and the farmers hope for the president's resignation and in a new election. Personally I can say only it's a pity that CASI prestige in Europe is decreasing. CASI has always been a cooperative at the forefront and made the history of the tomato" Massimo adds.
In the picture, from left to right: Jose Maria Andujar, C.A.S.I president and Antonio Gonzales Garcia, C.A.S.I manager.
Average prices of vegetables - 12th week of 2012
|Product||Type / Package||Price in €/kg |
(departure from Almeria)
|Long life tomato||in bulk M||0.75|
|Long life tomato||in bulk G||0.85|
|Long life tomato||vine M||0.90|
|Long life tomato||vine G||1.10|
In the meantime, as for the production season, the temperature in Almeria came back to optimal levels and the new crops regained an excellent quality, in particular tomatoes. Other crops being at the final cycle record a strong reduction in terms of quality, primarily pepper.
The excellent current quality of first category vine tomato of D & D.
D & D
Phone: +34 950 037842
Fax: +34 950 290640
Mobile: +34 672 284731
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: