Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: No confidence for CASI presidentMassimo Messina of D & D-Darzoves S.L. informs FreshPlaza that on Saturday 17th March, 2012, the CASI members meeting took place. CASI is the greatest European cooperative of tomatoes and it counts for price setting in Europe. During the meeting, the current president, Jose Maria Andujar Andujar, lost members' confidence and they have voted to deny him the remuneration for his work in the cooperative.
As Massimo explains: "The mistrust comes from dubious cooperative policy in relation with members and clients. With the same management, the cooperative may not exist; in the last years CASI saw a constant reduction in tomato harvested volume, -20% or 50 million kilos."
"Market players and the farmers hope for the president's resignation and in a new election. Personally I can say only it's a pity that CASI prestige in Europe is decreasing. CASI has always been a cooperative at the forefront and made the history of the tomato" Massimo adds.
In the picture, from left to right: Jose Maria Andujar, C.A.S.I president and Antonio Gonzales Garcia, C.A.S.I manager.
Average prices of vegetables - 12th week of 2012
|Product||Type / Package||Price in €/kg |
(departure from Almeria)
|Long life tomato||in bulk M||0.75|
|Long life tomato||in bulk G||0.85|
|Long life tomato||vine M||0.90|
|Long life tomato||vine G||1.10|
In the meantime, as for the production season, the temperature in Almeria came back to optimal levels and the new crops regained an excellent quality, in particular tomatoes. Other crops being at the final cycle record a strong reduction in terms of quality, primarily pepper.
The excellent current quality of first category vine tomato of D & D.
D & D
Phone: +34 950 037842
Fax: +34 950 290640
Mobile: +34 672 284731
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: