Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Bus driver fired for eating a grapeMichael Shepard, a 66 year old bus driver from the West Midlands, has been given the sack by national Express for the heinous act of eating a grape.
Mr Shepard was spotted putting the fruit into his mouth on CCTV and was promptly suspended, despite the fact that he was not driving at the time, but was sat stationary in his cab.
He said: "I am so angry. I thought I would be given a disciplinary for eating a grape, but not sacked.''
He said: "I don't eat or drink while I am driving but I was just sat stationary at the bus terminus in Bedworth for a few minutes and took a grape to wet my mouth a bit."
Mr Shephard has lodged an appeal against the sacking with the bus company which he hopes will be heard in the coming weeks.
A spokesman for National Express said: "The driver in question hasn't exhausted the disciplinary process that we have as a company and as a result we cannot make any public comment.
"However we do hold ourselves to high levels of safety and customer care standards."
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: