Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Foodservice leaders at GS1 Connect 2012GS1 US will showcase an expanded foodservice track this year at GS1 Connect 2012, the information standards organization’s annual conference. Being held June 5-7 at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, this year’s conference will showcase 22 foodservice-related educational sessions, nearly triple last year’s content.
Speakers and attendees will include executives from leading operator, distributor and manufacturer companies such as The Coca-Cola Company, Dot Foods, Inc., Johnson & Wales University, PepsiCo Foodservice, Sodexo, Sysco Corporation, US Foods, and many more, as well as GS1 Standards experts.
In addition, attendees can take advantage of foodservice-focused trading-partner roundtables, “How to Do Business With (Company)” sessions, and other networking opportunities. Details on the foodservice program can be found at www.gs1connectevent.org/foodservice.
"This year’s GS1 Connect promises to be the best one yet," said Ann Oka, senior vice president of supply chain management for Sodexo. "I am particularly excited that so many industry leaders will be represented this year. It is important that we work together in adopting GS1 Standards so that we can drive our industry forward with better data, a more efficient supply chain, and better traceability of food products."
Attendees will also learn about the current progress of the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative, an industry-wide collaboration launched in October 2009 to drive waste out of the foodservice supply chain, improve product information and establish a foundation for food safety and traceability.
"This is an exciting year for the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative and GS1 Connect," said Dennis Harrison, senior vice president of GS1 US, who oversees the foodservice initiative. "Now that we’re more than halfway toward our 2015 goal, this year’s attendees will not only have more educational sessions and other learning opportunities compared to last year, they will also have expanded opportunities to network with their peers and share ideas for moving the industry forward."
Attendees this year will also have the opportunity for face-to-face meetings with foodservice companies. The meetings will include opening presentations on the initiative’s progress, followed by roundtable discussions on implementing GS1 Standards and pertinent industry topics.
More than 1,200 professionals representing all points of the supply chain are expected to attend the conference and expo, which will showcase keynote speaker Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
For more information about the foodservice track at GS1 Connect, which was previously known as U Connect, visit www.gs1connectevent.org/foodservice.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: