Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Seeka to consult Maoris over Gold3New Zealand kiwifruit grower, Seeka, is planning to work with Maori growers in the Bay of Plenty. They want to see if the growers are interested in the new gold variety that has shown resistance to PSA, after the Zespri announcement yesterday that it was making the variety, Gold3, widely available.
Seeka chief executive Michael Franks says some of the long term leases which a subsidiary company Huka Pak has, are with Maori growers who've lost vines because of the disease.
He says there are a number of growers in the areas of Mangatawa and Mangapihi near Tauranga, whose Hort 16A blocks have been hit by Psa.
Mr Franks says Seeka will be meeting with them to discuss whether or not they intend planting the Gold 3 variety, and whether their leases with the company need to be changed.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: