Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Seeka to consult Maoris over Gold3New Zealand kiwifruit grower, Seeka, is planning to work with Maori growers in the Bay of Plenty. They want to see if the growers are interested in the new gold variety that has shown resistance to PSA, after the Zespri announcement yesterday that it was making the variety, Gold3, widely available.
Seeka chief executive Michael Franks says some of the long term leases which a subsidiary company Huka Pak has, are with Maori growers who've lost vines because of the disease.
He says there are a number of growers in the areas of Mangatawa and Mangapihi near Tauranga, whose Hort 16A blocks have been hit by Psa.
Mr Franks says Seeka will be meeting with them to discuss whether or not they intend planting the Gold 3 variety, and whether their leases with the company need to be changed.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: