Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ: Seeka to consult Maoris over Gold3New Zealand kiwifruit grower, Seeka, is planning to work with Maori growers in the Bay of Plenty. They want to see if the growers are interested in the new gold variety that has shown resistance to PSA, after the Zespri announcement yesterday that it was making the variety, Gold3, widely available.
Seeka chief executive Michael Franks says some of the long term leases which a subsidiary company Huka Pak has, are with Maori growers who've lost vines because of the disease.
He says there are a number of growers in the areas of Mangatawa and Mangapihi near Tauranga, whose Hort 16A blocks have been hit by Psa.
Mr Franks says Seeka will be meeting with them to discuss whether or not they intend planting the Gold 3 variety, and whether their leases with the company need to be changed.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: