Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Tiruchirapalli banana growers urged towards researchPlantain cultivators should tap into the potential of the district by registering to utilise the services offered by the scientists attached to the National Research Centre for Banana (NRCB), said official Jayashree Muralidharan.
At the monthly farmers' grievances day meeting held on the NRCB on Wednesday, the official pointed out that the plantain growers in the district were yet to fully utilise the services and research programmes being taken up by the NRCB for their economic growth. In fact, the district administration shifted the venue for the monthly grievances day meet from the Collectorate (local authority offices) to the NRCB campus at Pothavur village, with a view to providing an opportunity for exchanges of views on cultivation practices and expertise by both segments. "While the scientists will transfer the fruits of their research to the farmers, the agriculturists, on their part, would explain their experience-based strategy," she said.
The official underlined the need for producing value-added products in banana for increasing their profitability. "Value addition has not been much appreciable with regard to banana in the district," she said, "The district administration will not only incur the expenditure for imparting the training but also arrange for loans with banks," she continues.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: