Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand: Government to shore up fruit farmersThe Commerce Ministry's farmer assistance policy committee plans to allocate Bt154.46 just over $5 million US) million to prevent a drop in the prices Eastern fruit farmers enjoy during the upcoming harvest season. Targeted fruits are rambutan, mangosteen, durian and langsat.
It will also allocate Bt42.25 million to deal with excess production of lychee in the North, by helping traders find more markets for the fruit and soft loans for processing the product.
Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyaphirom said the plan aimed to shore up fruit prices in the short term during the harvest season from April to June. The government will help release products by encouraging export and promote processing that will add value to the fruits.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: