Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand: Government to shore up fruit farmersThe Commerce Ministry's farmer assistance policy committee plans to allocate Bt154.46 just over $5 million US) million to prevent a drop in the prices Eastern fruit farmers enjoy during the upcoming harvest season. Targeted fruits are rambutan, mangosteen, durian and langsat.
It will also allocate Bt42.25 million to deal with excess production of lychee in the North, by helping traders find more markets for the fruit and soft loans for processing the product.
Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyaphirom said the plan aimed to shore up fruit prices in the short term during the harvest season from April to June. The government will help release products by encouraging export and promote processing that will add value to the fruits.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: