Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thailand: Government to shore up fruit farmersThe Commerce Ministry's farmer assistance policy committee plans to allocate Bt154.46 just over $5 million US) million to prevent a drop in the prices Eastern fruit farmers enjoy during the upcoming harvest season. Targeted fruits are rambutan, mangosteen, durian and langsat.
It will also allocate Bt42.25 million to deal with excess production of lychee in the North, by helping traders find more markets for the fruit and soft loans for processing the product.
Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyaphirom said the plan aimed to shore up fruit prices in the short term during the harvest season from April to June. The government will help release products by encouraging export and promote processing that will add value to the fruits.
Publication date: 3/22/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: