Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
German market: sufficient strawberries available againThe German Agrarmarkt Information-Gesellschaft (AMI) has announced that the German market has sufficient strawberries available again since last week. These have mainly come from Spanish Huelva. Recently there was still talk of a tight situation in the market.
For the coming days a continually increasing supply is expected. The spring-like weather conditions at the moment have a positive effect on the demand of the market. The strawberry season only just started. At the beginning of last week about 15% of the predicted harvest quantity had been reached. Also the Italian cultivation areas in Campania and Basilicata harvesting has started.
In the German food shops there are again many specials with Spanish and Moroccan strawberries. In week 11 strawberries were on special offer at 16 chains and regional shops. Especially with trays of 500 grs. Selling prices were between 2.20 Euro and
4.08 Euro for a kilo of strawberries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: