Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
German market: sufficient strawberries available againThe German Agrarmarkt Information-Gesellschaft (AMI) has announced that the German market has sufficient strawberries available again since last week. These have mainly come from Spanish Huelva. Recently there was still talk of a tight situation in the market.
For the coming days a continually increasing supply is expected. The spring-like weather conditions at the moment have a positive effect on the demand of the market. The strawberry season only just started. At the beginning of last week about 15% of the predicted harvest quantity had been reached. Also the Italian cultivation areas in Campania and Basilicata harvesting has started.
In the German food shops there are again many specials with Spanish and Moroccan strawberries. In week 11 strawberries were on special offer at 16 chains and regional shops. Especially with trays of 500 grs. Selling prices were between 2.20 Euro and
4.08 Euro for a kilo of strawberries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: