Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
German market: sufficient strawberries available againThe German Agrarmarkt Information-Gesellschaft (AMI) has announced that the German market has sufficient strawberries available again since last week. These have mainly come from Spanish Huelva. Recently there was still talk of a tight situation in the market.
For the coming days a continually increasing supply is expected. The spring-like weather conditions at the moment have a positive effect on the demand of the market. The strawberry season only just started. At the beginning of last week about 15% of the predicted harvest quantity had been reached. Also the Italian cultivation areas in Campania and Basilicata harvesting has started.
In the German food shops there are again many specials with Spanish and Moroccan strawberries. In week 11 strawberries were on special offer at 16 chains and regional shops. Especially with trays of 500 grs. Selling prices were between 2.20 Euro and
4.08 Euro for a kilo of strawberries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: