Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
German market: sufficient strawberries available againThe German Agrarmarkt Information-Gesellschaft (AMI) has announced that the German market has sufficient strawberries available again since last week. These have mainly come from Spanish Huelva. Recently there was still talk of a tight situation in the market.
For the coming days a continually increasing supply is expected. The spring-like weather conditions at the moment have a positive effect on the demand of the market. The strawberry season only just started. At the beginning of last week about 15% of the predicted harvest quantity had been reached. Also the Italian cultivation areas in Campania and Basilicata harvesting has started.
In the German food shops there are again many specials with Spanish and Moroccan strawberries. In week 11 strawberries were on special offer at 16 chains and regional shops. Especially with trays of 500 grs. Selling prices were between 2.20 Euro and
4.08 Euro for a kilo of strawberries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: