Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Henk Jansen: "2,000 tons of bananas a week"
CSC banana shipment unloaded in VlissingenTransshipment Continental Stevedoring Company (CSC) in Vlissingen, The Netherlands acquired a new weekly service from Seatrade on 1 March. Continental Stevedoring Company (CSC) receives the bananas from Afrikanische Frucht Compagnie GMBH, a leading banana importer in Hamburg, Germany. Yesterday a banana boat arrived in Vlissingen harbor, carrying 2,000 tons of tropical fruit.
In Vlissingen ZZC has a cooling capacity of 6,000 pallets and in its branch in Kruiningen, 12,000 pallets. The main activities of ZZC are conditioned cooling and distribution, as well as the entire logistical supply and re-packing. Last year ZZC / CSC received significant volumes of bananas from South and Central America and Africa.
According to Henk Jansen importers see the added value of the banana port in Vlissingen in the location of the port and the rapid handling. With the new package, the company expects to handle 750 million bananas annually.
With this the Zeeland ports expect to increase the transshipment by 100,000 tons. "It's about 2,000 tons per week, most of which is conventional," says Henk Jansen.
According to Henk current capacity is adequate to cover the banana processing. "It's all in the plan with the regular crew. We now have sufficient capacity to expand."
The bananas come from Colombia and Costa Rica. Weekly, one of the refrigerated ships from Seatrade will make the crossing to Vlissengen from the seaports of Puerto Limon, Turbo and Santa Marta where the bananas will be unloaded, stored and redistributed by the firm CSC. On the outbound trip St. Maarten and Guadeloupe will also be visited with with loads.
For more information:
Zoomweg Zealand Cold Store (ZZC)
4416 PK Kruiningen
Tel: 0031 113 32 23 77
Fax: 0031 113 32 23 78
Publication date: 3/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: