Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Henk Jansen: "2,000 tons of bananas a week"
CSC banana shipment unloaded in VlissingenTransshipment Continental Stevedoring Company (CSC) in Vlissingen, The Netherlands acquired a new weekly service from Seatrade on 1 March. Continental Stevedoring Company (CSC) receives the bananas from Afrikanische Frucht Compagnie GMBH, a leading banana importer in Hamburg, Germany. Yesterday a banana boat arrived in Vlissingen harbor, carrying 2,000 tons of tropical fruit.
In Vlissingen ZZC has a cooling capacity of 6,000 pallets and in its branch in Kruiningen, 12,000 pallets. The main activities of ZZC are conditioned cooling and distribution, as well as the entire logistical supply and re-packing. Last year ZZC / CSC received significant volumes of bananas from South and Central America and Africa.
According to Henk Jansen importers see the added value of the banana port in Vlissingen in the location of the port and the rapid handling. With the new package, the company expects to handle 750 million bananas annually.
With this the Zeeland ports expect to increase the transshipment by 100,000 tons. "It's about 2,000 tons per week, most of which is conventional," says Henk Jansen.
According to Henk current capacity is adequate to cover the banana processing. "It's all in the plan with the regular crew. We now have sufficient capacity to expand."
The bananas come from Colombia and Costa Rica. Weekly, one of the refrigerated ships from Seatrade will make the crossing to Vlissengen from the seaports of Puerto Limon, Turbo and Santa Marta where the bananas will be unloaded, stored and redistributed by the firm CSC. On the outbound trip St. Maarten and Guadeloupe will also be visited with with loads.
For more information:
Zoomweg Zealand Cold Store (ZZC)
4416 PK Kruiningen
Tel: 0031 113 32 23 77
Fax: 0031 113 32 23 78
Publication date: 3/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: