Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation Board selectedThe Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, a Colorado nonprofit corporation, announced today the appointment of their inaugural board of directors for 2012-2013. The Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation will aim its efforts at building awareness of and raising funds for breast cancer research and prevention through sales of Porcelain Doll pink pumpkins in the fall.
The board of directors consists of five members with different ties to the cause. Don Goodwin, president of Golden Sun Marketing, the foundation’s marketing organization, will serve as the foundation’s president. Carol Holsopple-Froese, herself a breast cancer survivor, was appointed vice president; Ace Seybolt, a pumpkin breeder, was elected treasurer; Don Wertman, chief operating officer at Seedway and Renee Mattingly, a grower with Frey Farms are members-at-large. Additionally, Growmark’s Pete Trotter will serve as the board’s secretary.
"I am thrilled to serve on the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation board of directors during its inaugural term," said Don Goodwin. "We are all passionate about this cause and will work to the best of our abilities to see that the program is successful this fall."
The pumpkins will be available at retailers this fall in time for both Halloween and National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
As in its first year the foundation will not have any paid employees, all board members will serve on a volunteer basis. The foundation will donate funds to organizations that support breast cancer research, with the intention to make the first donations in December 2012.
For information on how to participate in the program, contact Don Goodwin at email@example.com
Publication date: 3/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: