Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMAs Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
A pleasing quality
Brazil: Good apple production in Rio Grande do SulFarmers are happy with the production and the fruit quality. Expectations are that the production will be much bigger than last year, according to information from "Globo Rural".
An apple producer in Vacaria (Serra Gaścha), cultivates Gala and Fuji varieties and is happy: We have a production around 40 tons of Gala and 60 of Fuji".
13,000 hectares of apple were planted in the whole State and production expectations are high: Rio Grande do Sul must produce around 500,000 tons of fruit.
A big part of production comes from Serra Gaścha the municipality of Vacaria alone produced about 228,000 tons of apple last season.
The investigator at Embrapa, Gilmar Nachtigall, said that, this year, the harvest quality was surprising: "Despite the fact that we had a drought, due to the lack of rain, what we see it's a size slightly smaller, the fruit is smaller, but quality parameters, taste and aroma are just perfect".
The apple cultivated in Serra Gaścha has as destination the market of fresh consumption and the juice industry. The apple harvest in the Region must go until April.
Publication date: 3/16/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: