Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Targets global decision-makers in Asia
APM Terminals expands commercial networkAPM Terminals has opened a Hong Kong office to further expand its partnerships with Asia-based customers when making global network decisions on port calls and inland routing.
“We want to be more of a resource partner with intelligent solutions rather than just a vendor. So we’ve beefed up our client teams with people who have held senior positions in the liner and logistics business. Thirteen out of our twenty largest customers are based in Asia so it was important to establish a sales office in this vibrant region and Hong Kong - one of the world’s key business centers was chosen as the ideal location to cover the key Asian locations” stated Martin Gaard Christiansen, Chief Commercial Officer and a former CEO of the Asia Pacific region for APM Terminals with 17 years experience in Asia.
A team of dedicated Key Client Managers will be based in the office to serve customers based in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. “Partnerships between shippers, carriers and terminal operators will be the key to unlock shared value and eliminate waste in the supply chain; and to achieve that the parties need to have trusting relationships, which are built by being close to each other” said Mr. Christiansen.
Through the new Hong Kong office, APM Terminals’ will bring its Global Terminal and Inland Services Network even closer to its Asian customers to identify opportunities for servicing their global activities. “The customers have to be at the center of what we do and the solutions we deliver. APM Terminals wants to be recognized for having a customer centric business approach and through the new Hong Kong office we can continue expanding this with our Asia-based customers” added Mr. Christiansen.
Publication date: 3/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: