Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Railex shows environmental benefits rail freightRailex USA, a refrigerated distribution and logistics platform, has been working towards the provision of environmentally friendly transportation solutions. An approved US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partner, Railex demonstartes the efficiency potential of railways as a form of freight transporation.
It has been suggsted that the United States could save one billion gallons of fuel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 12 million tons if 10% of long-haul freight now moving by truck was shipping via rail. Railex is doing its part by helping to lower fuel consumption, moderate greenhouse gas emissions, and reduce pollution.
In 2011 the company reduced fuel consumption by 12,192,110 gallons compared with over-the-road trucks. They also cut carbon output by 233,082 metric tons versus over-the-road trucks and saved 75,182,950 long-haul freight miles.
The company has been reducing fuel consumption since 2006 by 40,675,841 gallons compared with over-the-road trucks.
The firm also demonstrates the environmental difference shipping by rail can make with its online Carbon Calculator. Based on the number of train cars, route, and commodity, the Carbon Calculator estimates the amount of carbon dioxide saved by transporting freight via rail instead of truck.
Railex uses a hybrid of short-haul trucks, consolidated/deconsolidated centers, and expedited rail systems. It offers a five-day, coast-to-coast rail transit platform shipping product from California and the state of Washington to New York every week.
Publication date: 3/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: