Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The arrival of the first extra early potatoes and early ones to the market, will meet the abundant surplus from last year´s harvest. This situation has caused a decline in its cultivation and could cause price suppression for the next season.
According to sources from the agricultural organizations and cooperatives consulted by Efeagro, in Andalusia, crop zones have been reduced by 20%. Also there is fear of the effect that the frost might have had, which has also been felt in Mallorca and other regions of the earliest production areas.
In Castilla and Leon, there is uncertainty among producers that now have to plant, because if the drought continues they could face irrigation problems.
With these constraints, the sector expects lower production that could result in a price recovery over the collapse recorded in last year´s campaign, due to the abundant European production. Although, the surplus could lead again to the fall in prices.
Publication date: 3/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: