Job offersmore »
- Leiter Tomatenzucht - Switzerland
- Research assistant biostatistics
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- General Manager Agri-processing - East Africa
- Australia - Grower Manager
- UK: Growing Director – Wight Salads
- UK: Spanish Speaking Fresh Produce Buyer
- Research Assistant Marker Assisted Breeding Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Tomato/Cucumber Chief Grower - Kazakhstan
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The arrival of the first extra early potatoes and early ones to the market, will meet the abundant surplus from last year´s harvest. This situation has caused a decline in its cultivation and could cause price suppression for the next season.
According to sources from the agricultural organizations and cooperatives consulted by Efeagro, in Andalusia, crop zones have been reduced by 20%. Also there is fear of the effect that the frost might have had, which has also been felt in Mallorca and other regions of the earliest production areas.
In Castilla and Leon, there is uncertainty among producers that now have to plant, because if the drought continues they could face irrigation problems.
With these constraints, the sector expects lower production that could result in a price recovery over the collapse recorded in last year´s campaign, due to the abundant European production. Although, the surplus could lead again to the fall in prices.
Publication date: 3/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: