Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer – based in South East UK
- General manager imports (designate) - Southern China
- Sales manager Central Europe
- Managing Director Central Europe
- General Manager - China
- Fritz Wiendl (experience in fresh produce industry) is looking for a job
- Business Manager NEF - Netherlands
- Supervisor Nucleus Stock - The Netherlands
- Project Manager R&D - The Netherlands
- Global Production Improvement Technician - Israel, Peru or Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- June 2013: Southern hemisphere sees success, while Northern hemisphere battles floods, cold weather, shortages
- Ausveg: Research reveals most popular veggie BBQ hits
- Chile: New Gala apple varieties
- "Turn in pineapple trade: empty market and good prices"
- Study: ‘Perfect storm’ spreads salmonella in tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The arrival of the first extra early potatoes and early ones to the market, will meet the abundant surplus from last year´s harvest. This situation has caused a decline in its cultivation and could cause price suppression for the next season.
According to sources from the agricultural organizations and cooperatives consulted by Efeagro, in Andalusia, crop zones have been reduced by 20%. Also there is fear of the effect that the frost might have had, which has also been felt in Mallorca and other regions of the earliest production areas.
In Castilla and Leon, there is uncertainty among producers that now have to plant, because if the drought continues they could face irrigation problems.
With these constraints, the sector expects lower production that could result in a price recovery over the collapse recorded in last year´s campaign, due to the abundant European production. Although, the surplus could lead again to the fall in prices.
Publication date: 3/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: