Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: Vlissingen open for 750 million bananas
Transshipment Continental Stevedoring Company (CSC) in Vlissingen, has succeeded in getting an important fruit consignment. With the advent of a new weekly service of Seatrade in South and Central America, the company expects to deal with 750 million bananas annually. This will increase transshipment in Zeeland ports by some 100,000 tons. This is confirmation of the strong position, now held by the ports of Zeeland in the storage and handling of fruit, in addition fruit from Chile and South Africa have recently come to Vlissingen.
The bananas come from Colombia and Costa Rica. Weekly, one of Seatrade's special ships from the seaports of Puerto Limon, Turbo and Santa Marta make the crossing to Vlissingen where the bananas will be unloaded stored and redistributed by the firm CSC. On the outbound trip St. Martin and Guadeloupe will also be visited with part loaded containers.
According to Seatrade, Vlissingen was chosen because of its favourable location in terms of crossing and connection to the motorway network. The port features specialized cargo handling such as CSC with terminals that are especially suitable for the treatment of this type of load. Also playing a role is the fact that Zeeland is working according to the principle of Quality 360. An important condition for
The 'banana boats' from Seatrade ensure that the total throughput of the Zeeland ports will increase by 100,000 tons. Vlissingen and Terneuzen last year accounted for a throughput of 35.5 million tons. In comparison, the port of Rotterdam in 2011 hit 434.6 million tons of cargo, the port of Amsterdam 74.8 million tons.
Publication date: 3/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: