Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
US (VA): Onion processors go solarVarsity Produce, one of California's premier grower-shipper-processors of yellow, red, white and sweet onions is set to go solar with Cenergy Power on its processing/cold storage and packing facilities. The 428.40 kilowatt (kW) solar system will pay for itself in less than 4 years, offset approximately 97% of Varsity's utility bills and reduce the plant's carbon footprint by over 1,000,000 lbs. of CO2 per year.
"We evaluated several solar developers and we decided to move forward with Cenergy Power due to their superior solar value and established track record," stated Brent Rhodes, Operations Manager for Varsity Produce. "After looking at solar for several years, we finally saw numbers that made a lot of economic sense and we can now feel really good about decreasing our carbon footprint."
Publication date: 3/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: