Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Vitacress join forces to expand assortmentUK fresh herb and salads producer Vitacress Ltd and Camino Real BV, a member of the Netherlands leading fresh herb producer the Gipmans Group, have joined forces by setting up a joint venture company called Vitacress Real BV. This new company will be based in Venlo in the Netherlands, and the initial focus of the business will be to build up a strong customer base in the Benelux and German markets.
Together Vitacress and Gipmans can offer unparalleled expertise in the Fresh Herb market. Vitacress, through VHB (its subsidiary in the UK) is the leading company in the United Kingdom in the sourcing of the best quality cut and bunched herbs. Gipmans, through its subsidiary Especia BV has been the leading company in the Netherlands producing living herbs in pots for the last 15 years and has established a strong reputation with its customer base for the quality of its products.
Vitacress Real will offer the full range of Fresh Herbs to customers, whether they are looking for living herbs in pots, bunches of fresh herbs, or simple fresh cut herbs.
The key appointments in Vitacress Real will be Kees van Poortvliet as the Managing Director and Marcel Verdellen as the Sales Director.
Erik Gipmans, the CEO of the Gipmans Group, commented: “By merging our production, supply chain and marketing capabilities we can offer customers a complete range of fresh herbs, produced to the highest technical standards every day.”
Nick Stenning, the CEO of Vitacress Ltd, commented: “I am delighted that we have been able to join forces with Gipmans to be able to offer the full range of Fresh Herbs to the market. Both companies have an absolute commitment to delivering the highest quality products and market leading standards of service to our customers”
Kees van Poortvliet, the MD of Vitacress Real, commented: “Our ultimate aim is to be known as the most professional supplier of fresh herbs.
Using the expertise and the economy of scale of both partners, Vitacress Real is well placed to deliver against this ambitious goal. ”
For more information:
Kees van Poortvliet
Tel: +31 167 534286
Publication date: 3/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: