Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
EU: Vitacress join forces to expand assortmentUK fresh herb and salads producer Vitacress Ltd and Camino Real BV, a member of the Netherlands leading fresh herb producer the Gipmans Group, have joined forces by setting up a joint venture company called Vitacress Real BV. This new company will be based in Venlo in the Netherlands, and the initial focus of the business will be to build up a strong customer base in the Benelux and German markets.
Together Vitacress and Gipmans can offer unparalleled expertise in the Fresh Herb market. Vitacress, through VHB (its subsidiary in the UK) is the leading company in the United Kingdom in the sourcing of the best quality cut and bunched herbs. Gipmans, through its subsidiary Especia BV has been the leading company in the Netherlands producing living herbs in pots for the last 15 years and has established a strong reputation with its customer base for the quality of its products.
Vitacress Real will offer the full range of Fresh Herbs to customers, whether they are looking for living herbs in pots, bunches of fresh herbs, or simple fresh cut herbs.
The key appointments in Vitacress Real will be Kees van Poortvliet as the Managing Director and Marcel Verdellen as the Sales Director.
Erik Gipmans, the CEO of the Gipmans Group, commented: “By merging our production, supply chain and marketing capabilities we can offer customers a complete range of fresh herbs, produced to the highest technical standards every day.”
Nick Stenning, the CEO of Vitacress Ltd, commented: “I am delighted that we have been able to join forces with Gipmans to be able to offer the full range of Fresh Herbs to the market. Both companies have an absolute commitment to delivering the highest quality products and market leading standards of service to our customers”
Kees van Poortvliet, the MD of Vitacress Real, commented: “Our ultimate aim is to be known as the most professional supplier of fresh herbs.
Using the expertise and the economy of scale of both partners, Vitacress Real is well placed to deliver against this ambitious goal. ”
For more information:
Kees van Poortvliet
Tel: +31 167 534286
Publication date: 3/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: