Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Vegiworks promoting root vegetablesVegiworks has unearthed a treasure trove of baby root vegetables from Babé Farms, a baby vegetable specialist in the fertile Santa Maria Valley in Central California.
The produce delivery service is now promoting the availability of celeriac, parsley root and a colourful range of baby carrots.
"Root vegetables are some of the most versatile produce items out there. Our chefs use them in everything from soups and salads to side dishes and entrees," says Bob Mametsuka of VegiWorks. "The possibilities are limitless."
Babé Farms has been growing baby vegetables since 1986. The family-style farm is still owned and operated by one of the original partners, Judy Lundberg, and her son Jeff. Judy has been named Santa Barbara County Farmer of the Year, and the farm was featured at Sunset Magazine’s Savor the Central Coast event.
Publication date: 3/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: