Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Vegiworks promoting root vegetablesVegiworks has unearthed a treasure trove of baby root vegetables from Babé Farms, a baby vegetable specialist in the fertile Santa Maria Valley in Central California.
The produce delivery service is now promoting the availability of celeriac, parsley root and a colourful range of baby carrots.
"Root vegetables are some of the most versatile produce items out there. Our chefs use them in everything from soups and salads to side dishes and entrees," says Bob Mametsuka of VegiWorks. "The possibilities are limitless."
Babé Farms has been growing baby vegetables since 1986. The family-style farm is still owned and operated by one of the original partners, Judy Lundberg, and her son Jeff. Judy has been named Santa Barbara County Farmer of the Year, and the farm was featured at Sunset Magazine’s Savor the Central Coast event.
Publication date: 3/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: