Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Vegiworks promoting root vegetablesVegiworks has unearthed a treasure trove of baby root vegetables from Babé Farms, a baby vegetable specialist in the fertile Santa Maria Valley in Central California.
The produce delivery service is now promoting the availability of celeriac, parsley root and a colourful range of baby carrots.
"Root vegetables are some of the most versatile produce items out there. Our chefs use them in everything from soups and salads to side dishes and entrees," says Bob Mametsuka of VegiWorks. "The possibilities are limitless."
Babé Farms has been growing baby vegetables since 1986. The family-style farm is still owned and operated by one of the original partners, Judy Lundberg, and her son Jeff. Judy has been named Santa Barbara County Farmer of the Year, and the farm was featured at Sunset Magazine’s Savor the Central Coast event.
Publication date: 3/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: