Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- New labs and opportunities for NatureSeal in Europe
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Maersk announces new Flagship service to 5 US marketsContainerized shipping carrier Maersk Line announces a reliable, new Flagship import service direct from Asia to five key markets in North America: Chicago IL, Dallas-Fort Worth TX, Houston TX, Memphis TN, and northwest Ohio.
The Flagship service offers Chicago Flagship, Dallas Flagship, Houston Flagship, Memphis Flagship, and Northwest Ohio Flagship. Each features dedicated, non-stop rail service that arrives at an agreed time, every time in each market location. Flagship trains bypass connecting points along the route, allowing for superior service velocity.
Flagship service has been made possible in part due to investments made by Maersk Line and BNSF over the past several years. These investments have allowed for BNSF rail network expansion, state-of-the-art intermodal facilities, and increased loading capabilities at the ports. This commitment will enable the two companies to offer fixed transits and 95% on-time delivery.
The five markets represent the initial implementation of this Flagship service with possible expansion to follow.
Three services of Maersk Line’s Transpacific import service network will offer Flagship service: the TP5, TP6, and TP8. Each connects with Flagship service at the Port of Los Angeles. TP5 and TP6 were rated 100% reliable based on Drewry Maritime Research’s Q1 2012 report.
“We are extremely excited to introduce this highly reliable and innovative new Transpacific Flagship service to our dry and reefer cargo customers,” said Timothy O’Connell, senior director–trade and marketing, Maersk Line North America. “While we understand that having a competitive transit is important, speed is not the essence of this service—being on time is. With Flagship service and intermodal leader BNSF, we’ll further support shippers in North America to optimize their supply chains.”
Publication date: 3/8/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: