Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Bio Patent MonitoringIn Germany the Federal Bureau for Plant Varieties has developed a controlling body together with the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food, which will keep an eye on the patent applications of crops. These institutions keep track of things and inform the ministry of Agriculture. The goal of this is to be able to inform the ministry early of what effect a patent might have on the sector and nature.
More and more often there are protests or problems in handling patents on seeds and crops. The Ministry of Agriculture hopes the Bio Patent Monitoring will help report and identify monthly requests and possible issues in the future.
Click here for a link to the article with the video at agrarheute.com
Publication date: 3/7/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: