Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Market situation cauliflower changing
After the strongly increased prices of the French cauliflower supply, the German trade has mainly concentrated on Italian imports since week 7. This according to the German Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft (AMI). Because of the relatively small supply prices of Italian cauliflower increased further. At most wholesalers the price in week 8 was already in excess of 10 Euro for 6 cauliflowers.
Since the middle of week 8 the market situation looks like changing again, however. This is only partly due to the decreasing demand of the last period. The decisive cause is the clear increase of the harvested volumes in the Northwest of France since the beginning of week 8. In the first two days this caused a decrease in price of say 40 to 50% compared to the top prices previously. Imports from France slowly become of more interest to the German trade.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: