Job offersmore »
- Research Assistant Marker Assisted Breeding Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Tomato/Cucumber Chief Grower - Kazakhstan
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower - Chicago, IL
- Product Specialist Zaailingen - Hendrik Ido Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Sales-Manager Scherming - the Netherlands
- Senior Grower - Australia
- Australia: Supply Chain Co-ordinator/QC Officer
- Marketing and Sales Manager - U.S.A. and Canada
- Sales Representative, Horticulture - Delta, BC - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- U.S. Apple Association will support customers’ right to choose or not choose GMO
- Safeway and Albertsons announce definitive merger agreement
- Scientists of EU Project QUAFETY return to tacler in November
- "Russian importers are currently under great pressure"
- "European retailers want programs with Israeli growers"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Market situation cauliflower changing
After the strongly increased prices of the French cauliflower supply, the German trade has mainly concentrated on Italian imports since week 7. This according to the German Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft (AMI). Because of the relatively small supply prices of Italian cauliflower increased further. At most wholesalers the price in week 8 was already in excess of 10 Euro for 6 cauliflowers.
Since the middle of week 8 the market situation looks like changing again, however. This is only partly due to the decreasing demand of the last period. The decisive cause is the clear increase of the harvested volumes in the Northwest of France since the beginning of week 8. In the first two days this caused a decrease in price of say 40 to 50% compared to the top prices previously. Imports from France slowly become of more interest to the German trade.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: