Job offersmore »
- Technical Outside Sales Representative - Ontario, Canada / Northeast US
- Crop Production Manager / Agronomists / Operations Manager - Gambia
- Production Manager - Tasmania
- Dispatch Team Leader - Australia
- Market Development Manager - Russia
- Commercial Manager (Spanish speaking) - UK
- Operations Manager - United States
- Export produce trader – French market - Spain
- International Marketer - Netherlands
- Breeders, Soy, Corn and Sugar Cane Division - Brazil
Top 5 - yesterday
- "This year we reached more parts of the industry than ever before"
- Russia's food ban blessing in disguise for some shipping companies
- Sustainability is one of the key issues to vegetable growers
- Peru: Melon exports to U.S. and Europe still paralysed
- UPDATE: 125 million Euro compensation for growers. But what about exporters?
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Russia bans fruit, veg imports from U.S., EU, Australia, Canada and Norway
- Russian ban: what is the effect per EU country?
- Another shipment of Egyptian potatoes blocked by Russia
- Maersk unveils low-sulphur surcharge, but customers of other carriers must wait
- Russia’s ban gives Latin America opportunities
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Market situation cauliflower changing
After the strongly increased prices of the French cauliflower supply, the German trade has mainly concentrated on Italian imports since week 7. This according to the German Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft (AMI). Because of the relatively small supply prices of Italian cauliflower increased further. At most wholesalers the price in week 8 was already in excess of 10 Euro for 6 cauliflowers.
Since the middle of week 8 the market situation looks like changing again, however. This is only partly due to the decreasing demand of the last period. The decisive cause is the clear increase of the harvested volumes in the Northwest of France since the beginning of week 8. In the first two days this caused a decrease in price of say 40 to 50% compared to the top prices previously. Imports from France slowly become of more interest to the German trade.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: