Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Brie Reiter is the new General Manager of Northern Production for Driscoll'sDriscoll’s today announced that Brie Reiter Smith, a fourth generation grower, will now oversee the Northern Production Region operations in the U.S., having served as General Manager of Driscoll’s of Chile in 2014 and as General Manager of South American operations in 2016.
In her new leadership role as General Manager of the Northern Production Region, Reiter Smith will oversee company operations for Driscoll’s largest single growing region, which includes Salinas and Watsonville, which accounts for more than 25 percent of total Driscoll’s revenue globally.
For the previous five years, Reiter Smith has focused on blueberry production in Chile—including her own ranch that she operates with her husband Brian Smith—as well as serving as the General Manager for Driscoll’s South American operations.
“Brie’s experiences in leading Driscoll’s in Chile and her approach to work with growers will greatly benefit our operations in North America,” said Soren Bjorn, Driscoll’s Executive Vice President of the Americas. “Brie made it a priority to create strong relationships with growers, which delivered valuable insights consistently."
As well, Fernando Sagredo has been named Driscoll’s General Manager of South America which will include overseeing operations in Argentina, Chile and Peru. He will be based in Chillan, Chile and report to Mario Steta, who has been promoted to Vice President and General Manager of Latin America.
Sagredo brings global experience, having served most recently as the commercial manager of Comfrut S.A. Prior to his time at Comfrut S.A., he was the export manager at Salmones Camanchaca S.A., general manager at Viña Tabalí S.A., and the export manager at Viña Concha y Toro S.A.
For more information:
Tel: +1 800 871 3333
Publication date: 2/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: